TextPipe is an automated text search and replace tool, working across multiple files in multiple folders. Convert text files between DOS, Unix, Amiga, Macintosh and fixed length record formats. Extract email addresses and URLs, encode/decode MIME, UU/XX and Hex email attachments, remove binary chars, ANSI escape sequences, white space from start and end of lines, blank lines, HTML, backspaces etc. It can also perform case translation, user-defined translations, word wrap and much more!
Seven Reasons Why TextPipe is Different
- TextPipe is exceptionally fast
- TextPipe handles files of unlimited size, even files larger than 2 Gigabytes! Other applications attempt to load the entire file into memory (grinding your system to a halt).
- TextPipe's unique restrictions control precisely where changes are made. Restrict to a range of lines or columns, to specific Tab or CSV fields, between HTML/XML tags, and inside custom ranges. Restrictions can be combined, for example, to columns 1-10 of lines matching a pattern. Restrictions are essential for extensive but controlled search and replace
- TextPipe performs multiple operations simultaneously. Other applications offer only 1, up to 5, or require a slow multi-pass approach
- If TextPipe's 100+ filters don't suit your needs, you can use industry standard VBScript/JScript to write your own. Other applications either don't offer this facility, or force you to learn a proprietary language
- TextPipe is unique in offering the EasyPattern pattern matching language for those not familiar with text pattern matching (regular expressions). EasyPatterns are English-like and very easy to learn
- TextPipe can be scheduled for non-interactive use, and can be controlled by an external program. Other applications provide only a mouse interface.